The Food Systems Summit: Opportunities for Transformative Change
The Food and Land Use Coalition (FOLU) makes a clear case for why an integrated approach is needed to transform the way we produce and consume food, and use our land.
Sustainable and healthy food and land use systems will not be achieved by individual communities working solely within their spheres of influence. Farmers, companies, entrepreneurs, governments, financiers, and more have key roles to play in advocating for and then implementing the solutions.
Happening in the side-lines of the UN Food Systems Summit Pre-Summit, this event will create an inclusive tent, engaging entities and initiatives across the board to facilitate collaborative action around a shared vision.
This session will explore opportunities for transformative change in our food and land use systems, featuring a cross section of key players in the field, including farmers, businesses, country representatives, nutritionists, and climate experts.
Moderated by Edward Davey, Director of International Engagement, FOLU; Co-Director, The World Resources Institute (WRI) UK; Adviser to the COP26 Presidency and the UN Food Systems Summit
- Lawrence Haddad, Executive Director, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Arianna Giuliodori, Secretary General, World Farmers Organisation (WFO)
- Diane Holdorf, Managing Director of Food and Nature, the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Shenggen Fan. Dean of Academy, Global Food Economics and Policy (AGFEP); Chair Professor, China Agricultural University (CAU); Former Director General, the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Claudia Martinez, Director, FOLU Colombia; Direcor, Ecología, Economía y Etica (E3)